Quartermaine's Pillars of Coffee Brewing Wisdom
- Start with your favorite freshly roasted coffee beans.
- Use filtered or bottled water for the best coffee flavor. Water makes up 99% of a cup of coffee.
Don't use distilled water because distilled water has much less oxygen in it. Oxygen in the
water helps give your coffee life (just like carbonation does with club soda).
- Use enough coffee! We recommend using two (2) level measuring tablespoons of ground coffee for
every five (5) ounces of hot water.
- Check your grind. Drip coffee makes should
take between four and five minutes to drip through, and press pots should be easy to plunge.
- Freshly brewed coffee tastes best, so only make as much as you can drink in twenty minutes.
After that, the flavor deteriorates rapidly.
- Don't reheat , as old coffee never tastes good. Brew a fresh pot.
me the latest News
Comments, Questions, or Kudos? Send us email!
Or call us at: 800-245-6563
Site software, design and hosting by TAG Online, Inc.